Ein Original-Blockhaus auf 7 Morgen mit einem kleinen See in den Vorgarten. Schlafen 8 in Betten und 10 maximale Kapazität. Weitere Wildtiere als denkbar. Jede Tageszeit bringt verschiedene Tiere und Vögel. Gebaut für Familienfeiern und Spaß. Genießen Sie das Schwimmen im See und Fütterung der Wels. Genießen Sie lokale historische Orte, Ride the Katy Trail, einige der lokalen Einkaufsmöglichkeiten, und sicher sein, zu besuchen Vergabe gewinnen historische Innenstadt von Washington 10 Meilen entfernt.
We( 5 adults) stayed here for 13 days in September/October 2016. The Cabin was as advertised. Very clean and well stocked. Plenty of room for everyone. I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.
The property sits in a quiet neighborhood; no other homes are visible from the house, giving a secluded feel. The biggest reason we chose this property is that the owner welcomes dogs. We stayed here while attending a week-long event at Purina Farms, about 30 minutes away. It gave us the desired sense of "getting away from" the chaos of the event while remaining reasonably convenient. The photos are accurate: there is some deferred maintenance but it was clean and we did not note any safety issues (as noted by other reviewers). Our biggest downside, traveling with dogs, was that the property was not fenced nor did it have a fenced dog walk area. However, the owner was very forthright about this prior to our booking so it wasn't a surprise, just something we had to adjust our routine around. There is a lovely winery, Lake Creek Winery, literally around the corner from this property that has a beautiful hilltop setting, welcoming owners and staff, and a nice restaurant option. The nearby town of Washington has shopping available for whatever you forgot to pack (Wal Mart, Target, PetSmart, grocery stores, etc.). Overall, we had a great travel experience: the property was accurately described in the listing and the owner was readily available to answer questions.
We travel with several other couples every fall. It is a great way to unwind from our professional lives and unwind. We would always head to Table Rock or Kentucky Lake so we could enjoy the presence of a lake.
I found this home and it was 50 minutes from St. Louis instead of the normal 4 hours. A beautiful cabin on a lake and soooo customer friendly. It was updated, had everything you needed and the detail our host provided was over and above.
The lake had catfish that were like pets. You could feed them from the deck (food provided of course) and they just seemed to thankful as they waited patiently for their treats. WE CAN NOT WAIT TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR!
We had a girls vacation here in August. We found a lot to love here, but we also had some problems.
We loved the pond and made the canoe work with two people for lots of fun. We loved being out in the middle of no where for peace and quiet but still being able to get to Washington within 20 minutes, where we found stores and an urgent care. (We loved eating at the Blue Duck Tavern and the Old Dutch Tavern, highly recommended. especially if you need gluten free food.) Some of us went into Marthasville and walked on the Katy Trail which is very close and was a fun, easy outdoor thing to do.
Here's some suggestions on how to improve:
1. It would be great if the house had a book with information. Most of the VRBO houses I've stayed in have had one of these little manuals and we really could have used it: contact numbers for maintenance, instructions for electronic equipment, etc. This would have been really helpful because though some of this info is in the app you can't always get the app to load because the wi-fi isn't that strong. Which is another suggestion: work on making the wi-fi connection stronger and more secure.
2. There is A LOT of taxidermy in the house. I mean A LOT. In every inch. So be prepared for that. There was also a taxidermied snake that someone (a past resident?) had hidden in behind a potted plant - it gave us all a start.
3. As per usual, heat rises, so the sleeping areas on the second floor get hot. We bought (and left) a box fan there to make sleeping more easy. Also as someone else has mentioned, the stairs are steep and twisty, so don't plan to have anyone who has trouble with mobility sleeping up there.
4. We couldn't get the grill or the oven to work (and the grill hadn't been cleaned in some time) for the majority of our stay. We were granted a partial refund for this but, again, if there was a book with maintenance number we could have called the first day and had it taken care of.
5. There were a good number of wasps - we think there might have been a nest on or near the house. We killed at least four of them in the house. Be aware.
Just some thoughts and suggestions.
This cabin was the venue for a small family reunion. It worked beautifully. We were all together yet could escape to our private spaces when needed. It has all the amenities you could want or need, in a peaceful, rustic package. I would definitely recommend staying here.
Great fun for the whole family!!!
Hermann Maifest, eine jährliche Tradition für 64 Jahre ist eine von Missouri zu den ältesten deutschen Festivals. Maifest ist ein altmodisches Deutsch Fest des Frühlings, jedes Jahr am dritten Wochenende im Mai statt. Hielt die vier Wochenenden im Oktober hat sich die Hermann Oktoberfest eine geliebte Tradition geworden für Tausende im gesamten Mittleren Westen. Feiern Sie die köstliche deutsche Essen, Wein und Spaß. Es ist eine schöne Zeit des Jahres in Missouri.
|Saisonpreis||Minimum Preis||Zusätzliche Nächte||pro Nacht am Wochenende||pro Woche||pro Monat||Event|
2 Nächte Mindestaufenthalt
für 2 Nächte
|Anmerkungen: Preise basieren auf 4 Gästen; pro zusätzlichem Gast werden 15 € pro Nacht berechnet.|
|Erstattbare Kaution||183 €|
|Cleaning||115 € + Steuern|
|Insurance||46 € + Steuern|
|Haustier-Gebühr||46 € + Steuern|
$200 Damage deposit is refunded within 7 days after your stay.