Apartment, 1 und 2 Schlafzimmer + Cabrio Bett (en), 1 Bad, (Schlafmöglichkeiten 4-5)
- Englisch, Französisch, Spanisch, Italienisch
Haustiere nicht möglich
Partys / Events nicht erlaubt
Max. Anzahl Gäste: 6
Mindestalter Hauptmieter: 21
100% Erstattung bei einer Stornierung, die mindestens 60 Tage vor Anreise erfolgt. 50% Erstattung bei einer Stornierung, die mindestens 30 Tage vor Anreise erfolgt.
Schäden und Zusatzkosten
Sie können für Schäden, die während Ihres Aufenthalts durch Sie oder Ihre Reisegruppe an Ihrem Feriendomizil entstehen, verantwortlich gemacht werden.
For a family of 6: great space, location, host, and view!
Our family (3 adults, 3 kids) had a great experience staying on the 2nd floor for 3 months while I worked in Manhattan on a temporary assignment.
Location and area: It's ideal for those wanting to feel like you're in the city but not actually live in it. The central port authority station (connected to all parts of the city via subway) is only 30 minutes away through the tunnel via bus during rush hour and 15 minutes during off hours. You can also walk 8 minutes down to the fairy which will take you across the river in just a few minutes, but will cost 3-4x as much as the bus. There is an awesome playground only a 3-minute walk away. Across the street is a small grassy area open to the public. The gas station 1 block away has a well-priced convenient store, and a grocery store is also only about a 6-minute walk. There are plenty of decent restaurants and a great cafe (Ispresso) nearby. On rainy days, Play City for younger kids is only 2 blocks away.
View: Is absolutely amazing from both inside the house and out on the large roof balcony. There is not a better view of the NYC skyline- even after 3 months we still found ourselves sighing at its beauty.
Condition: The place was clean, but it is older and shows a lot of signs of wear and tear- this didn't bother us, but it is something to be aware of in case you're wanting a modern interior. The most important things for us worked well though: a hot shower, comfortable beds, acceptable furniture, modern appliances, and a fully equipped kitchen. 2 of our small children shared the 3rd bed and although they had no issues, we noticed that it made a squeaking noise whenever we laid down on it. If used by an adult and you're a light sleeper and move around a lot, perhaps this could be an issue. Just as a tip from a local, as with a lot of older places in the area, we were told to always keep our food in the cupboards to not attract mice.
Noise: There's no way around it- it's a very noisy place. Although my wife and I are both light sleepers, we surprisingly got used to it after a couple nights though and it didn't bother us anymore.
Host: Ligia was wonderful. She was very accommodating and went out of her way to make our experience a good one. When she found out we had a baby, she ordered both a baby bed and crib! She was also flexible with parking a rented car last minute. She was always very responsive yet also allowed us our privacy.
Conclusion: A unique, amazing temporary home for experiencing NYC!
Herrlicher Ausblick, sehr freundliche und hilfsbereite Vermieterin, die uns gute Tipps für Busfahrten gab. Die Wohnung ist schon etwas älter, aber der Ausblick und der gewisse Charme machen alles wett.
Top Unterkunft - außerhalb NY, dennoch mittendrin
Eine sehr schöne, geräumige Wohnung, ausgestattet mit allem was man braucht. Der Postkartenblick vom Balkon ist atemberaubend, die Skyline von Manhattan hat uns jeden Tag, immer wieder aufs Neue beeindruckt. Ein Ort, an dem man sich nach einem anstrengenden NY Sightseeing-Tag sehr gut erholen konnte.
Die Lage ist perfekt für alle die ein wenig abseits des pulsierenden Lebens der Großstadt-Metropole wohnen, dennoch ganz nahe am Geschehen sein möchten. Mehrere Buslinien verbinden Weehawken mit NYC (Bushaltestelle direkt vor der Haustür). Innerhalb von 15 Minuten ist man mitten in Manhattan. Für Gäste mit Mietwagen erübrigt sich die mühevolle Suche nach einem Parkplatz, dieser wird den Gästen auf dem Hausgrundstück zur Verfügung gestellt.
Der Kontakt zum Gastgeber war stets sehr nett und freundlich. Jede Anfrage per Email wurde immer sehr schnell beantwortet. Auch persönlich hat sich Ligia als eine äußerst nette, sehr hilfsbereite Gastgeberin, die immer einen guten Rat oder hilfreichen Tipp hat, erwiesen.
Zusammengefasst: Wir waren sehr zufrieden und würden uns sehr freuen, wenn wir bei unseren nächsten Besuch in NY wieder Unterkunft bei Ligia finden würden.
Roomy, clean, GREAT location and amazing view of NYC skyline
First time staying in NJ while visiting NYC and convenience of location was amazing!
- Main floor apartment was spacious, well furnished and clean, beds were comfortable
- Kitchen fully equipped with coffee maker, microwave, fridge with ice maker, stove and everything you need
- Upstairs tenant was not noisy, so no issue there
- Location on busy Boulevard E so do get traffic noise from cars and buses but certainly wasn’t an issue for us (in Nov anyway)
- WiFi worked well the whole time
- Open porch on front faces east with incredible view of NYC skyline, and fully furnished with chairs and tables to take advantage of that
- Convenience Store 1 block south and grocery store only a few block walk SE
- Mexican restaurant 1 block away and was very good (Charritos)
- Ligia very responsive to questions
Access to NYC is IDEAL:
- Buses from Port Authority back to Weehawken are easy to find, cheap at $3 pp, quick at under 15 min at end of day door to door, and SO convenient as Bus stop on 49th is right out front door (see Ligia’s directions for more details) - just tell bus driver your stop when you get on, or yell “next stop” when you hit Charritos restaurant
- Can also take into city but we always used ferries
- NY Waterways has Port Imperial right down the hill with frequent ferries to 3 piers in NYC. Just walk south to Charrito’s Mexican restaurant 1 block south, then down path behind it, down the stairs (4-5 storeys??) and then follow walkway to boat terminal (15 minute walk total). Download app for schedule and connecting buses at Midtown Pier.
- We used ferries to get to NYC each morning, mostly to Midtown, which then provides various bus routes which are free with transfer.
- Very quick and efficient system and always right on time.
- Pier 11 doesn’t run on weekends but Brookfield Place Pier handles needs to south, with a few stops on the way, but still quick.
- Interior and outside upper deck options on most ferries so great option.
- if you take ferry back to Weehawken, will have to walk back up stairs but wasn’t too bad (were no taxis) and lighted
Will definitely recommend and stay here again. Thanks Ligia!
The view did not compensate for the Awful state of the accommodation.
Unfortunately our stay was not enjoyable. The accommodation was dirty, from the bath tub being full of black hairs, the kettle had grease all over it, the fridge was dirty, as were the bed covers. There was a knob missing on the cooker and the dishwasher moved when you opened the door.The overall standard was poor the house needs to be renovated. The outside furniture was unusable, there were cigarette butts in the ashtray
There was no welcome pack, no instructions on how to use anything.
Thank god we only booked 3 nights.
ALLE die wunderbaren Dinge, dass New York zu bieten hat!