|Unterkunftsart||Wohnung in einer Anlage|
Ihre Zahlung ist durch unsere Mit-Vertrauen-Buchen-Garantie abgesichert, wenn Sie online auf FeWo-direkt buchen und zahlen.Mehr erfahren
Die Saugatuck / Douglas Gegend ist ein Ferienort am Lake Michigan voll von Kunstgalerien, Restaurants, Boutiquen und Antiquitätenläden.
Dieser 1860er Pension in der Innenstadt von Douglas wurde komplett restauriert, so dass vier Wohneinheiten, jede mit ihrem ganz eigenen Charme, einschließlich Holzböden, Fliesen Badezimmer, Arbeitsplatten aus Granit, alle neuen Geräte, Waschmaschine / Trockner und zentrale Luft.
Die Eigentumswohnungen sind nur wenige Minuten vom Strand von Douglas.
Diese Unit # 4 ist auf der ersten Etage mit einem abgeschirmten Veranda befindet.
I bet this place looked great when its renovations were completed in 2007. I'm guessing that's when the pictures were taken, too. I will give credit to Sarah being very friendly over email and on the phone, but keep searching.
With this place having a for sale sign in the yard ($1.5M!!!) and a completely overgrown yard/garden, the initial impression it made when we pulled up was bad. Once we got inside and lived in it for 3 days, it was worse.
+ Comfortable bed
+ Very walkable to Douglas shops/restaurants & Saugatuck
- The dishwasher isn't attached to anything and falls all over you if you pull out the racks, which is something one commonly does with dishwashers.
- There are light bulbs out in every room.
- Kitchen cabinets had no handles & wreck your hands opening them
- There is zero space for luggage in the bedroom because there's an enormous, heavy, arched-top, empty trunk serving no purpose there.
- The WiFi never worked at all while we were there, and LTE service was slow on all of our devices (we have AT&T phones, a T-Mobile iPad and a Verizon work phone...all were bad in this town), so having no WiFi meant we couldn't stream music or watch Netflix. Owners "adjusted" (i.e., looked at/moved an inch) the booster that takes a signal from 100' away in the adjacent cabin and tries to boost it into a huge old house. Doesn't work, needless to say.
- Half the jets in the hot tub don't work, and the display is broken, so you just have to hit buttons until things happen. We couldn't ever get in the pool because it's small and other guests used it all day every day.
- We brought a bunch of food to cook (because it had a beautiful kitchen in the pictures, and we love to cook), but there were 4 plastic spatulas and three dollar store steak knives as for kitchen utensils. No joke. Yes, there are pots and pans and dishes, but seriously unusable if you do anything other than microwave something. Plus the kitchen was dirty. Being that guests have to clean the unit themselves (and do all the laundering of towels and sheets while still checking out by 10am!), it appears that previous tenants weren't terribly contentious about cleaning. I left it cleaner than I found it because I have some courtesy.
As the cherry on top, it was way too costly per night. This is clearly a high maintenance money pit for the owners. We extended our stay in Douglas another night but stayed at another property that was half the cost and much more enjoyable.
I spent the long weekend with my family we rented unit 1 and 4. Wow the woodwork and the condition of the unit is so unique and makes you feel extra special. The whole weekend we spent at the pool and it was warm and refreshing. The owners took extra care every morning or night picking up and cleaning it before we were even out of bed. The caretaker met us and ask if we needed anything at least once a day, The charm and walking distance to everything makes Vintage Views special for our family, we plan on all meeting there again next year.
We will absolutely return for another stay at these condos later in the fall. Charmingly remodeled, very clean, and super comfortable. Quiet at night!
We hung out by the pool, which is kept REALLY clean and at a comfortable temperature. We cooked most of our own evening meals, and could easily walk to breakfast or lunch and the shops & galleries when we felt like it. We appreciated the washer/dryer, and the extra towels. We are runners, and it was so easy to figure out a route along Lakeshore Drive leaving from our front door. Thanks for everything Sarah!
So many negatives about this place. The grounds looked like they hadn't been cared for in years, the grass was a foot tall the gardens completely overgrown and full of weeds. The flower pots were full of dead flower remains and trash, and the outdoor lights either didn't work at all or looked black with dirt and/or mold. We were never able to access the wifi even after the owner came out a and "reconfigured the booster". The dishwasher was falling out of the wall, the dryer was precariously placed on top of the washing machine and not attached or bolted down, and the outlets on the porch were uncovered. The pool looked ok, although we didn't get to use it. Other tenants were partying and skinny dipping until after midnight. The only nice thing was the charm of the old building (which in its current state looks like the Adam's Family mansion) and the screened-in porch. And to top it all off the owner expects you to clean after your stay, and wash all linens and towels. They obviously don't hire a cleaning service. I would not recommend this rental!
We enjoyed our stay in this cozy condo. The weather was too chilly to enjoy the clean pool, but the hot tub was nice. We would definitely stay there again. Only quirky things were the coffee pot didn't work very well and the ice maker on the frig wasn't working. The location in Douglas was perfect for our stay.
|Saisonpreis||Minimum Preis||Zusätzliche Nächte||pro Nacht am Wochenende||pro Woche||pro Monat||Event|
2 Nächte Mindestaufenthalt
für 2 Nächte
|Anmerkungen: Preise basieren auf 3 Gästen; pro zusätzlichem Gast werden 20 € pro Nacht berechnet.|
upon booking, you will receive an email packet with all the instructions you need for your rental. The reservation is only secured when the rental fee is paid and the rental contract is signed (including the credit card for our files on the last page.) you will only get the code for the lock when we receive the completed rental agreement. All guests are expected to leave the property as they found it, this includes washing all dishes, linens used, removing all garbage, food and other items not on the property when you arrived. anyone failing to comply will be assessed a charge for cleaning. no persons not on the contract are permitted on the premises or to use the pool/patio/hottub area. failure to follow this rule will result in immediate dismissal from the property without refund.
Concierge-Service sind auf Anfrage erhältlich, und das Poolhaus und eine Bar zur Verfügung, um einzeln durch die Stunde oder Tag für die Parteien und Gruppen zu mieten