|Unterkunftsart||Holzhaus / Blockhütte|
Ihre Zahlung ist durch unsere Mit-Vertrauen-Buchen-Garantie abgesichert, wenn Sie online auf FeWo-direkt buchen und zahlen.Mehr erfahren
** Jetzt buchen, damit Sie die Ferientermine Ihrer Wahl bekommen!**
Dieses schöne kleine Kabine sitzt auf fast drei Morgen Wald eine Grenze mit der George Washington National Forest teilen. In günstiger Lage nur wenige Minuten vom tolle Angelstellen, angenehme Wanderwege, Antiquitäten, lokalen Handwerker Genossenschaft, und eine hervorragende Küche befindet, wird diese Kabine Ihnen eine großartige Kulisse für den erholsamen Urlaub Sie oder Ihre Familie brauchen!
Diese gepflegte Kabine bequem Platz für 5 Personen und verfügt über zwei Schlafzimmer, jedes mit bequemen Queen-Size-Betten zusammen mit einer voll funktionsfähigen Küche und Bad. Der Wohnbereich ist offen und ermöglicht eine große Interaktion zwischen allen Gästen, ob in der Küche kochen, die am Tisch sitzen das Surfen im Internet auf dem kostenlosen Internetzugang, oder Faulenzen am Flachbildfernseher einen Film mit der Blu-Ray-Player. Es gibt genügend abgeschirmten Fenstern überall in der Kabine und Deckenventilatoren im Wohnraum, beide Schlafzimmer und sogar zwei auf der abgeschirmten Veranda, um Sie abzukühlen bequem nach einem erlebnisreichen Tag voller Abenteuer in Lost River.
Draußen gibt es einen großen abgeschirmten Veranda mit Sitzgelegenheiten für 8 oder mehr, und eine schöne Tisch zum Essen für jede Tageszeit. Die Hütte verfügt auch über ein großes, neues Deck, das der perfekte Ort, um den Sonnenaufgang am Morgen nippen an einer Tasse Kaffee zu beobachten ist.
Sie werden auf jeden Fall genießen die Ausstattung dieser Kabine, die einige handgefertigte Displays und Möbel, die sicher zu Ihrem Urlaub Erlebnis zu verbessern sein wird, beinhaltet!
My family recently enjoyed a relaxing weekend at Nathan's Cabin. The setting was peaceful and secluded. The cabin was well equipped and comfortable in every way - just what we were looking for. The owner was extremely responsive to my questions. Absolutely no complaints. A great VRBO experience all around.
As the owner and other reviewers mentioned, the driveway to the cabin is very steep. We didn't make it all the way up to the cabin the night we arrived but had no problems the following day. Also, we had no cell service within 20+ minutes of the cabin so make sure you have good directions before you go and aren't relying on your cell service. The WIFI in the cabin worked great though.
We were there to slow down in familly. And we spend a perfect 3 days week end in this spot, doing... almost nothing (so good). Watching dear thru the windows, walking in the forest and enjoy the sound of the wind in trees.
Nathan’s cabin is quant, clean and comfortable. The highlight of the property is the screened porch. On hot summer days you will spend all your time there. The two bedrooms are identical and will sleep 2 per room in the queen beds, with bedding/pillows provided. The common area has a couch and 2 chairs in front of a Smart HDTV with DVD player only (no cable, no local channels) but there is DSL serviced wifi internet. Kitchen is adequate for a cabin. Electric stove/range, small microwave, drip coffee maker, 2-slice toaster, Fridge/Freezer. Bathroom has standup shower/tub, sink and commode. Some kitchen/bath towels were provided, but I recommend packing extra. No washer/dryer.
Know before you go:
1) The roads to the cabin community are VERY narrow and VERY steep. Flat-landers may feel intimidated driving in. The gravel driveway leading up to the cabin is even steeper. Leave your small sub-compact cars at home.
2) There is no cellphone reception seemingly within all of Hardy County at least no ATT service. So if you are planning on meeting somebody there or taking separate vehicles PRE-PLAN your driving route, PRE-PLAN your arrival times, PRE-PLAN your communication methods. When in the cabin, you will have internet for facebook, email, etc but the other people who are driving to the cabin won’t. They won’t have cell phone or internet service. So if they aren’t good with directions they will have no way of calling/contacting you for help. The cabin does have a land-line phone connected to local service only for emergency use.
3) There is no air-conditioning but there are ceiling fans in every main room, including two in the screened porch. We planned ahead and brought extra fans. The mountains and trees were enough to keep temperatures bearable.
4) Consider bringing groceries with you. I have always tried to buy local when traveling to support the local economy. But the truth is, there aren’t many options for groceries.
5) Rockcliff Lake and Park is excellent. The water is crystal clear, and there is a swimming area. It is $3.00 per person per day to enter the park. Enjoy it!
6) Nathan’s cabin is a refreshing reminder that peace and quiet still does exist, that dark nights without ambient light are DARKER than you remember, and that the luxury and convenience of suburb life aren’t necessary to relax and unwind.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and the experience. Thanks, again, to the owners.
The cabin is big and very nice. We did not find the beds as great in the comfort department as stated in the description, but certainly not a deal breaker. But its roomy and met all our needs , we really enjoyed staying here.
It is very remote and we were extremely happy we had a Subaru all wheel drive to handle some of the narrow roads leading to the cabin and the steep driveway. There is wifi and that was great for watching movies at night and handling email. We had no cell phone service but could text. ( we have verizon). The screened in porch is really nice keeping away the bugs and we spent many hours out there enjoying the fresh air and beautiful scenery. Swimming in Trout Pond is really nice and a short drive from the cabin.
We would stay here again.
We had a good family visit to Nathan's cabin. Deep in the woods, very green, very quiet. We felt like we were on our own little island! House is not extravagant but very comfortable - especially the beds. Everyone got up each day saying what a great night's sleep they had. We enjoyed the porch, the red-crested woodpecker we could see from the deck, and the short hikes we did up behind the house. In the evenings we did a lot of reading, played games, and watched movies. Days -- trout pond excursion for swimming and a nice walk around was a success, as was our bigger hike in Lost River State Park up to Cranny Crow Overlook. The only thing I was wishing for was a washing machine and dryer to wash/dry the wet towels and dirty clothes from all our adventures in Lost River. Nathan was a dream owner to work with, very accommodating!
My wife and I, along with our dogs, spent Memorial Day weekend at this cabin. Not enough can be said about how nice it was to be away from the DC area, turn off the phones, and enjoy the a nice weekend in a great cabin. Everything was just as described and the screened in porch was a perfect addition to let us enjoy the fresh air without being bombarded by bugs. We took a couple trips to the lake nearby to let the dogs play in the water and stretch their legs- an easy 10 minute trip and a 3 dollar entry fee for a beautiful lake. Otherwise, all of us enjoyed just sitting on the porch and reading/eating/drinking. We will definitely be back!
|Saisonpreis||Minimum Preis||Zusätzliche Nächte||pro Nacht am Wochenende||pro Woche||pro Monat *||Event|
2 Nächte Mindestaufenthalt
für 2 Nächte
|Haustier-Gebühr||47 € + Steuern|
|Cleaning Fee||70 € + Steuern|
Tax: 6% WV Sales Tax and 6% Hardy County Hotel/Motel Tax
* Ungefährer monatlicher Preis. Der tatsächliche Preis wird von den genauen Tagen Ihres Aufenthalts abhängen.