The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for supporting the EU and local Business Intelligence Team with scheduled and ad hoc analysis focus primarily on the EU Business. Particular focus for the position is to take responsibility for Business Analysis at European level as defined by Senior Management, synthesize data, distill findings, and recommend next steps. The role should become an in-house expert on key business operating metrics, enabling the candidate to support senior business leaders in quickly identifying potential issues and offering strategic recommendations on key programs.
Business Operating Metrics:
- Define Business needs and develop related analysis and recommendations
- Quickly and correctly identify underlying areas of concern when issues are identified in dashboard metrics
- Develop in-house expertise on key business operating metrics
- Use problem solving and creativity to apply appropriate metrics in the creation of compelling and thorough analyses
- Complete full analysis and modeling in addition to summarizing and creating executive reports based on those findings
- Assist in quarterly and annual forecasting process
Project Management/ Execution:
- Proven ability to take complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion, often requiring interaction with multiple departments
- Adapt quickly to constantly support key initiatives and priorities as they change.
- Solid and proven experience handling complex business modeling and forecasting
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. Projects and assignments will change rapidly, so the analyst must be flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities and timelines.
- Able to work with different business units and teams, often across multiple countries, to gather complete datasets and communicate findings and practices company-wide.
- Able to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of VBA & SQL is preferred
- Knowledge of statistical tool appreciated
- Prior report writing experience would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree and solid background in mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative discipline required.
- Must be fluent in German and English, French is a plus
- Should expect travelling in the EU regularly