100% Erstattung für Stornierungen bis zu 30 Tage vor Anreise. 50% Erstattung für Stornierungen bis zu 14 Tage vor Anreise.
Logistics: - Easy to identify once in the area as the house is green. - Very close to several
- Easy to identify once in the area as the house is green.
- Very close to several supermarkets.
- Slippers in the cabinet in the entryway but well worn
- There are some basics (1 bath towel for 6 guests, but not hand towels [I believe there were 3] nor extras for the bathrooms or kitchen)
- 1 outlet in the kitchen so appliances need to be used one at a time
- The house itself, being older, is drafty. The bathrooms in particular are quite cold with no obvious heating
- There was food left in the fridge from a prior guest (opened yogurt)
- There is soap in the bath, but no sink near the toilet, nor soap in the kitchen
- Though "family friendly" there is a very steep stairway and if you have very little ones [or the elderly] who need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night can be very scary
- Though advertised as washer/dryer, there is a washer only. The drying is an air dry situation (typical in Japan) which did not work very well in the colder weather. There is a coin laundry or two within a short walking distance.
For larger groups:
- The living and dining area are small so if you do have 6 guests it will be very tight. You cannot all comfortably sit or hang out in that area.
- Again, typical for an older Japanese house, there are no real closets, so for larger parties you will have to put luggage wherever you find room
- There is a frosted glass door between the living and shower area so again, if staying in numbers depending on your relationship can be somewhat awkward
- The water did not heat very hot and ran out by the time all our party could bathe
- While I'm sure it suits many parties - as a family traveling with a toddler it was uncomfortable. We ended up staying 1 night of 8 booked. For the price, more comfortable hotels can be found closer to a station if your party is more than 3.
- We had communicated that we were only staying 1 night and left on the 1st morning. When we returned later that day to check out, the key box had been removed. As we paid for 8 days and did not get any refund, it have been nice to still have access (for the washing machine for example).
In response to your complaint about those furniture and facility in Matcha House, we would like to apologize for not being able to come up to your expectations. Although our property has received a generally positive feedback from our guests we truly regret that it failed to satisfy you.
We would like to express our regret at causing you inconvenience so our manager decided to refund the accommodation charge.
Again, we would like to express our deep apology over the issue and thank you for choosing our property for your stay.
We look forward to looking forward to hearing back from you again.