|Mindestaufenthalt||2 - 6 Nächte|
Wohnung im 1. Stock in viktorianischem Gebäude an der West 74ten Strasse, Ecke Columbus Avenue, um die Ecke vom Fairway, Citarella, The Ansonia, The Dakota, Central Park mit Strawberry Fields und Bethesda Fountain! Zu Fuß zu Museen wie das Metropolitan Museum und das Museum of Natural History, das nur 4 Blocks entfernt ist. Wir mögen diese Gegend, weil sie bequem und sicher, aber immer noch charmant ist.
I had a wonderful time at this apartment. It's walking distance to anything you want or need. Easy access to Broadway or Columbus. The building is pretty quiet do it's perfect for a quiet laid back time in the city.
We stayed for four months (we were in NYC on business) and lived in the apartment through the best of the city, and cleverly left just in early January, before the very worst of the winter set in. The apartment itself is lovely, spacious and airy. The street is quiet (relatively speaking) and the neighborhood is wonderful. A couple blocks either way connects you to the subway, Central Park, and Riverside Park. The property manager is responsive and fun. She's a classic New Yorker and part of the whole experience of staying there. Downsides: not much, really, if you wrap your head around the fact that it's Manhattan. The building is old (1890), a little drafty, and the bed sheets need replacing. When the building heater kicks on in about 4-5am, it sounds like a thousand angry sprites are banging the pipes with hammers. But we got used to it and even slept through it. Would we go back? Yep: We will return in a few months.
Cute apartment, everything we needed for 5 days in NYC - 2nd set of keys, fully functional kitchen, very clean. Great location too - subway 2 blocks away, tons of restaurants, cafes, stores, within a block. BUT - NYC was 10 degrees and old brownstones are drafty. There were 2 space heaters (provided), but it was still quite chilly. My advice, avoid NYC in January!
We were 2 couples and stayed in 2 apartments of Michael and Cristina's; a studio and this one (also left a review for the other one) This apartment was outstanding. We really felt at home and walked everywhere. When we wanted to get to other neighbourhoods the 72nd subway stop got us ther in no time. Evenings we caught a taxi right on Columbus Avenue to go to the theater. It was great! Thank you guys!!!
1) Charming decor. You definitely feel like you're staying in the home of a friend.
2) Location. It's easy to access the subway (and Levain Bakery as well).
1) My biggest complaint is that even though the VRBO listing says this apartment has a fireplace, it is NOT a working fireplace. It's faux. My wife specifically restricted her VRBO search to apartments in New York that had a fireplace, and we chose this apartment based on that fact. Imagine our disappointment when we learned otherwise, especially with outside temperatures in the teens and twenties. I strongly feel the owners should not list "fireplace" as one of the General amenities. If I had known the fireplace was faux, we would never have stayed here.
2) On top of not having a fireplace, the heater didn't seem to be working. We were told by one of our tour guides that the heating is regulated by the city in some cases, but my wife and I were so cold that we both came down with colds. On the second night, we had to find a Best Buy in New York and purchase a space heater because the one provided just wasn't putting off enough heat. We couldn't fit the space heater in our luggage, so we ended up leaving it behind at the apartment.
3) The noise. Not only can you hear through the walls, but you can hear every little sound made on the street outside the window. If you stay here, you'll definitely need to bring earplugs.
4) I was surprisingly charged a foreign transaction fee when I paid through paypal. Apparently their account is a foreign account which is the reason for the fee (even though I paid in dollars). Ultimately I was able to get this fee refunded by my credit card company, but I didn't appreciate the surprise or the hassle of having to get it refunded.
Overall recommendation: Good location with aforementioned drawbacks.
The apartment was lovely and very conveniently located. Easy 2 block walk to key subway stations, the Museum of Natural History and Central Park. We happened to be there during a very cold week and the unit was cold-the windows are orginal to the building and very drafty so we kept the shades and curtains drawn, which was unfortuate as the street view was nice.
|Saisonpreis||Minimum Preis||Zusätzliche Nächte||pro Nacht am Wochenende||pro Woche||pro Monat *||Event|
3 Nächte Mindestaufenthalt
für 3 Nächte
|Erstattbare Kaution||300 $|
|Anmerkungen||You will be sent a payment link, where you sign our rental agreement online. There you will find detailed terms and conditions, including cancellation policies. Make sure to click on all the links we send you in our quote! (in some email clients you have to enable links)|
* Ungefährer monatlicher Preis. Der tatsächliche Preis wird von den genauen Tagen Ihres Aufenthalts abhängen.
Bitte beachten Sie die Angaben des Vermieters. Es fallen eventuelle obligatorische oder fakultative Nebenkosten nach tatsächlicher Belegung beziehungsweise tatsächlichem Verbrauch an. Die Zahlung des Mietpreises ist nur in der vom Vermieter angegebenen Währung möglich. Zahlungen in anderen Währungen müssen vorher mit dem Vermieter individuell vereinbart werden. Der Währungsrechner dient nur zur Orientierung und bildet keinen verbindlichen Umrechnungskurs für die Mietpreise ab.