Bewertung wurde gespeichert: 13. September 2012
Reisezeitraum: September 2012
Their saying "Million Dollar View" is right on. 180 degrees of ocean, you are literally perched on top of the world. We stayed with a total of 3 couples for a week and the house is a great base camp for exploring the island. It is 15min to Sigatoka, 1.5hrs to Nadi, 5min to the Outrigger and the same to the Sunset Strip where you'll find a few good restaurants and a pretty little beach.
- Good value, amazing view, beautiful grounds, friendly hosts, "coconut gathering", friendly onsite dog "Sydney", great outdoor patio, cool wood burning BBQ, spacious bedrooms
Things to just take into consideration:
- The driveway...long, steep, rough and 4WD an absolute. It doesn't say 4WD is needed on VRBO but it does on their blog. Keep this in mind for sure. It was pretty hairy, but we became expert Fijian drivers by the end of the trip.
- The downstairs living room, is really more of a small lounge. The upstairs had a larger room where the TV was, but felt like it was more of a private area for the upstairs bedrooms.
- It could be a description thing, but when I read 5 bedrooms, I assumed 5 separate and private bedrooms and had we been traveling with 5 couples it would have been a problem. The two downstairs bedrooms are separate and private (one is a little dark and smaller and the other is much more spacious with bunks, a crib and is an ensuite). And then there is a master upstairs which is very lovely with a huge dressing area and private ensuite bath. The other 2 upstairs bedrooms is where there was an issue. The description says "Double Room with 2 queen beds separated by a shared bath", which to me means 2 separate bedrooms with a bath that both can access. But in reality it is two bedrooms that are open to each other with a bath in the middle. There is no way to privatize them, so it can't be used for couples, only kids.
- The house leaked. Granted it was almost a cyclone storm that went through, but a house still shouldn't leak like that, but the owners cleaned everything up very quickly.
- Shampoo is not provided, bring your own.
- If you love your coffee in the morning, bring it from home as you can only get instant in the markets.
IMO, this home is best for a family rather than couples. To make it more couple friendly, l'd suggest that all the bedrooms be more equal in style/decor to the master (pillows, art, lighting). Since we shared the cost, it wasn't fair that 1 couple got a far nicer room than the others. But all in all we had a great time!
Abenteuer & Erlebnis,
Familien mit Teenagern
Bewertung als hilfreich befunden: 6/13
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich?